Friday, July 22, 2011

My Fascination with Etsy & OOTD

My fascination with Etsy first started when I was in a meeting at work a couple years ago with a girl who had a really stylish turquoise bead necklace on.  I'm not too shy to ask ladies where they purchase they fashion finds (when others ask me, I'm flattered), so I had no hesitation during my meeting.  Her response was, ETSY!  I was dumbfounded, had no clue what she was talking about, then she proceeded to tell me it was similar to eBay but for 'crafty people'.  I logged on and instantly fell hard for the site. 

I tend to get very distracted by pastel, soft, girlie things (oh and of course beautiful papers) so Etsy was a little bit of heaven for me.  Not only did it have jewelry, it has just about everything you can make and create (like stamps, stationary, clothing, headbands, wedding details, home accents, journals, gorgeous art prints and so on).  The best part, I think, is that you can completely customize anything you order from the site to suit your color needs and personal style. 

Here are some of my favourite items!!!



boho ruffle dress - bayousalvage
'test bubbles' passport holder - Owls Key Designs
luggage tags - harlex
cupcake wrappers - avie
leather pouch - renneslechateau
vintage rubber stamp - stampoutonline
fine art prints - jessamae22
coat rack - oldnewagain
adorable stationary (table number) - littleladycompany
wishbone necklace - NYLightMetals (by far my fav jewelry company on etsy!)
pink silicone iMac keyboard protector - skinsRit
grey paper straws - beautifully urban
Even 3 years after my new found love affair, I'm still drawn to check it out on a weekly basis.  I'm fortunate cause my work cubicle buddy also loves Etsy.  She's even thinking of creating her own store (she does purses & ties!).
I personally love the feel of anything vintage and Etsy satisfies that feeling within me and continues to inspire me.

And here is an Outfit of the Day (OOTD) from this past week.  We've been having a heat wave here in Toronto and it's somewhat unbearable.  So I'm trying to wear as many skirts & tanks as possible, but at the same time trying to keep my outfits work appropriate.

tank - aritzia TNA tank
skirt - zara

No comments:

Post a Comment