Friday, September 16, 2011

People's Best Dressed (Thoughts & fav. pics of them!)

People Magazine has recently revealed their Best Dressed of 2011 - exciting!  I usually peruse People Magazine for some of my favourite fashion features such as: Airport Style, You Asked - We Found and Who Wore it Best (which is a crowd favourite at work). 

I've taken a look at the list, found my personal favourite outfits of each star that they have worn in the past and commented on my thoughts of their style.

1. Blake Lively


I love Blake's high fashion sense of style.  I wouldn't necessarily wear what she does to award shows (as she has a great tall, lean body and likes to show off a lot of skin), but I love her 'out and about' more casual style.  She isn't afraid of trying something new.  I also LOVE how she is styled for Gossip Girl - love love love. 

2. Jennifer Lopez

Hmmm ... this is an undecided for me.  I think J.Lo is very top of mind right now and could be the reason why she was placed on this list.  I personally have only liked her style at awards shows - reason being she likes to make a statement.

3. Mila Kunis




I love her which probably makes me love her style.  I know of Mila best from That 70's Show and of course the style in the show was very 70's (not my style).  She kept out of the limelight, so you couldn't really get a sense of her personal style.  Now that she has been in a couple Hollywood Blockbusters she's been seen out and about more and more and I'm really liking her style.  It's classic and somewhat simple but at the same time there is something creative about how she dresses, something you wouldn't expect.  She has to be my favourite on People's list.

4. Jennifer Aniston



Ok, isn't she on every list, all the time?  She's gorgeous, fit and uber successful.  She dresses well but I would really like to see her take more risks with her fashion sense.  She's average to me (always a black/grey/white/red dress to a premiere).  One of my favourite looks was when she took a seat next to Oprah.  I loved how polished she looked.  She also has a great sense of casual dressing. 

5. Jennifer Hudson

Meh. 

6. Jessica Alba



Natural beauty. Natural style.  Even being pregnant she has kept up with her style and probably looks the most adorable & best she ever has.  She keeps her outfits again very classic, but what I love most about her is she isn't afraid to use color!  She also experiments with her hair - bangs/no bangs, blond/brunette and short/long!

7. Kate Middleton


No brainer.  The most effortless style I've ever seen.  She preppy and knows what looks good on her.  She dresses like a Princess, never revealing too much skin - always demure.  Never seen her have a fashion mishap or blender - I don't think it's possible.  The best thing?  She re-wears her clothes!!!  PLUS, could she possibly be bringing back pantyhose? 

8. Kate Bosworth

Unfortunately I don't know too  much about Kate Bosworth.  Based on pictures I have just googled, I'm not wow'ed or impressed - the only picture I liked was this backless dress.  I think she should hire celebrity stylist Rachel Zoe.

9. Jennifer Goodwin

Cute girl.  Loved when she had long hair.  But now she gives off the "edgier" vibe which I don't relate to fashion wise. 

10. Reese Witherspoon



Adorable, non-aging Reese.  She has always had an eye for structured dresses and gorgeous shoes.  She gives off a confident & poised vibe.  I believe what put Reese in the fashion for front is when she cut blunt bangs and decided to wear a knee-length Nina Ricci yellow dress to the Golden Globes.  Stunning!

There it is!  People's list of Best Dressed this year!

Ones I would have liked to add to the list are:
  • Rachel Bilson (of course!)
  • Nicole Richie
  • Olivia Palermo
Just would like to share an OOTD.  Here is what I wore to work today.  It's FRIDAY!  So I went casual.  The temperature has dropped considerably in the past week or so I've had to start wearing jackets & scarfs.



shirt & scarf - aritzia
jeans - paige
jacket - joe fresh



No comments:

Post a Comment