Wednesday, August 24, 2011

J.Crew Hits Canada & I Get a Little Piece of it!

As a somewhat preppy dresser and lover of all things pretty & structured I was ecstatic to find out that J.Crew opened their first ever store in Canada (and even better in Toronto) this past week.  I have been a fan of J.Crew for a couple of years: hearing about them and seeing their collections mainly on popular U.S talk shows.  I would luck out about twice a year when I made last minute plans to go to Buffalo in order to find deals and I would get the opportunity to stop off at both the J.Crew outlet store and the J.Crew store in the Walden Galleria.  I couldn't get enough and would always splurge on something from both locations - even if it was just a tortoise shell headband or a candy colored cardigan.

I visited the store at Yorkdale this past weekend and was blown away with what I saw.  Gorgeous silk tops, patent wedges, wool mini skirts, shirt dresses, oh-so soft cotton tees, tights in every color over the rainbow and perfectly structured leather purses.  I was in heaven - if I couldn't live in the store, I wanted everything at the store to live in my closet.  Unfortunately, my dream of owning pretty much everything in the store was shut down pretty quickly when I saw the prices of each item (I believe there is a 15% mark up from the US locations).  I don't think there was anything in the store that was under $100 (unless it was a t-shirt OR accessory).

My favourite item was this beautiful orange/red silk shirt dress.  LOVE! 


I ended up leaving the store with a classic tweed wool mini skirt and a pair of ribbed grey tights.  The tweed skirt has a bit of gold in it so I figured it was perfect for work but also for going out (imagine it with a tight tank in orange or even gold!)



Ohhh the last thing to note about the J.Crew store - If you are EVER in need of style inspiration just take a quick walk through.  The sales girls are exceptionally dressed and will offer their expertise of putting together the perfect outfit.  If I could, I would have taken pictures of all of them - I just didn't want to seem like a creeper.  My favourite sales associate was wearing a pair of skinny lavendar cords and a leopard print chiffon shirt!  I would have never have thought to pair them together, but wow! 





Ps. Follow me on Twitter @iipscrapbook

No comments:

Post a Comment