Friday, August 5, 2011

10 Cottage Swoons

I've been so lucky to have been given Summer cottage privileges by staying at my bf's family's cottage for 6 days this past week!  The cottage was situated just a mere 2 minute walk from the absolutely gorgeous Sauble Beach (which is about 3 hours North of Toronto) -- I know again, so lucky!  I really needed some time to de-stress, relax, eat & just tune the world out for a couple of days, and boy did I take full advantage.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find my digital camera before going up, and I didn't want to carry around my Blackberry (that wouldn't be a relaxing way to spend my vacation), so I didn't get the chance to snap any photos of 'living the cottage life'.  So instead of posting photos of the beach and fun finds I found in town I decided to create a SWOON list from my cottage stay. 
(definition of swoon: to be overwhelmed by ecstatic joy.)

10. Tanning & beach waves
9. Playing hearts on uncomfortable picnic bench and realizing you can put a pillow under your bum to relieve the pain (even better ... changing up my typical strategy to Go For Them All!) #win
8. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer (lots & lots of beer)
7. My bf's mom telling me that she's never seen her son so happy
6. Enjoying a greasy burger joint on the beach while eating fresh cut fries & burying your feet in the sand
5. Creating playlists & CD's just for the drive
4. 'TEAM LOVE'
3. Realizing I'm 'One of the guys' to my bf's brothers by playing tag on the beach, having smelly clothes thrown at me in the middle of the night and crying over a teeny-bop Mandy Moore movie
2. People watching on a bench in town
1. Witnessing my first sunset ever! :)



Sauble Beach has been voted one of the best places to see a sunset in Canada!  When it's your first, you gotta do it right ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment