Friday, October 14, 2011

Lounging on the couch, just chilling in my snuggie...

That pretty much sums up my 10-day time off from work!  I loved just being a bit lazy and having full entire days to just relax - there were times I even lost track of time!  It's been a pretty stressful year (personal & work) so relaxing was right up my alley, now don't get me wrong, I didn't just do NOTHING - if anyone knows me well they would know that that would drive me up the wall.  I ran a couple errands. did some much needed shopping and spent time up North at jmts' family cottage for the Thanksgiving weekend!

Cottage:  I don't know how we wound up with such great weather, but it was incredible, and we were all thankful.  Just starting with the drive and seeing all the trees change color.  It was a beautiful site - vibrant colors of red, orange, yellow and green.  I wish I could have been in the truck for hours on end ... well I guess there was that day that we were!  On the way back, we were on the road from 10AM - 7PM (dropped jmts' brother at McMaster, then stopped in to see his grandparents and then back home).  But I didn't complain there was something really calming about the drive.  Like I said the weather was great so we could really enjoy our time outdoors - playing cards on a picnic table, walks on the beach and even a campfire - guess a NASA blanket helps ;)  There were also good times had indoors - lots of movies, reading, conversation and a turkey dinner!

Here are some pics from the weekend!




Shopping:  I was in dire need of some Fall clothes ... I ended up purchasing a couple things that I really wanted & maybe needed.  I purchased a black cap sleeve dress with a pleated skirt from Zara, a grey sweater from Aritzia, a pair of gold hoop earrings & textured tights from Banana Republic.  My most exciting purchase was these Tory Burch flats from Holts!!!  I despeartely needed a pair of black flat shoes (I know it's crazy, that I don't have a pair!) but I really needed something to walk around in other than my black flipflops!
To keep in the clothing category, here are some outfits I wore throughout the week.  I kept it really casual, almost too casual some days!  I lived in a pair of lululemon tights!!!
sweater - Jacob
purple tee - Victoria's Secret
tights - lululemon
headband - JCrew
nailpolish - Essie Angora Cardi

cardigan - aerie
blouse - garage clothing
tights - lululemon
nail polish - Essie Not Just A Pretty Face

sweater - Aritzia
white tee - American Eagle
jeans - Paige Premium Denim
boots - Steve Madden
purse - Rebecca Minkoff MAM

Errands: I had a couple of things I've been wanting to take care of in the past couple of months and I was able to get most of them done.  The most pressing was to get my passport renewed.  I went to a suburb of Toronto to get my passport done, thinking this would result in a much quicker wait time, and it did!!!  I was in and out with a new passport in the mail within 30 minutes!  SCORE!  The one errand I didn't get around to was selecting my Hallowe'en costume.  jmts' brother gave me a great idea and I think I'll run with it, just need to now find elements of my costume!  Maybe that's a to-do this weekend :)  One of my close g/f's has a traditional bday/Hallowe'en party every year, I can't wait!
Passport Holder from Etsy - $5!
I still have a couple more days of vacation left and I can't wait to continue enjoying them.  I have a girls brunch planned for tomorrow and a couple appointments to start looking for a house!!!  Eeeeee!! ;)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment